FINE ART • PHOTOGRAPHY • GRAPHIC DESIGN • DIGITAL MEDIA
for Exceptional Results
Nat has been building web sites since 1996 and has developed many hundreds of online properties for all kinds of businesses. He specialises in
- WordPress configuration and customisation
- CSS/HTML5 design
- Social media pages
- YouTube and digital video production
… and more!
Nathaniel Coalson is a visual artist with studios in the Midlands of England and Colorado USA. Nat has worked professionally in the graphic and fine arts since 1987 and has deep expertise in the design and production of all forms of print and digital media.
As a fine artist, Nat has exhibited extensively and his work is held in private and corporate collections around the world.
He specialises in providing fine art and creative services for boutique hotels and luxury travel companies and serves as Publications and Communications Chair on the Board of Directors of NEWH United Kingdom.
Nat is an Adobe Certified Expert in Photoshop and Lightroom and is the author of numerous photography books published by Wiley and in global distribution. He’s an acclaimed teacher and mentor and leads international photography workshops and tours.
- Learn Lightroom at The Photography ShowI am teaching Lightroom at the Adobe Theatre all four days of The Photography Show, 18–21 March, NEC Birmingham. These sessions are free with your conference registration but will be ticketed. Tickets are free and may be collected in advance each day. Some tickets may still be available at the read more
- Image file management: Chronological folder namesEver been looking for a photo on your hard drive, and couldn’t find it? Discovered that you have multiple photos–or folders–with the same name, but in different places? Or tried to copy your photo archives to another hard drive or update your backups, only to struggle with a tangle of folders and files, read more
- Digital Photography Essentials at Phoenix CinemaOn the evening of Thursday January 19, 2017, I presented a seminar in the screening room at the Phoenix Cinema in Leicester. I was thrilled to meet and speak with folks in the packed house, comprised of Phoenix Members and Friends. We covered many of the most important topics related to developing read more
- New Commission: Fountain of Truth (mixed media)A private art collector in Northampton, England has commissioned me to create a bespoke work using my abstract photograph ‘Fountain of Truth’. I’ve printed the image on canvas at 30×45 inches, plus a black border for stretching. Next I will use brushes and sponges to apply hand embellishing with transparent read more
- New Commission: Custom Variation on ‘Waiting for Dawn’A private art collector in Minnesota, USA has commissioned a bespoke variation on my abstract photograph ‘Waiting for Dawn‘. This has been one of my most popular images. Several collectors have ordered original mixed media works and reproductions of it, making subtle adjustments to customize it for their home. read more
- New Travel Photograph: Alhambra
- New Travel Photograph: Due Rossi in La MorraOne of my favourite subjects to shoot in Europe is scooters set against a backdrop of interesting, old walls. Growing up in Colorado and California, I didn’t see many of these types of vehicles and, although they are more common in American cities these days, they still seem exotic and interesting read more
- New Scenic Travel Photograph: Siena Skyline
- New Abstract Photograph: Intersections (Man + Nature)In 2014, Ruth and I led another private photo tour around Tuscany, Italy. One of our group’s favorite towns was San Gimignano, an architectural wonder from medieval times. We first photographed the iconic village from the surrounding area, then gradually worked our way into the city. Everyone made compelling images depicting read more
- New Nature Photograph: Liliuokalani PalmsHawaii is one of my favourite places on earth. There’s a feeling in the air—maybe the combined effects of sea, wind and sun—that creates a beautiful feeling of peace. In many places, too, there is a lovely aroma of flowers and tropical foliage. Such is Queen Liliuokalani Gardens in read more