FINE ART • PHOTOGRAPHY • GRAPHIC DESIGN • DIGITAL MEDIA
for Exceptional Results
Nat has been building web sites since 1996 and has developed many hundreds of online properties for all kinds of businesses. He specialises in
- WordPress configuration and customisation
- CSS/HTML5 design
- Social media pages
- YouTube and digital video production
… and more!
Nathaniel Coalson is a visual artist with studios in the Midlands of England and Colorado USA. Nat has worked professionally in the graphic and fine arts since 1987 and has deep expertise in the design and production of all forms of print and digital media.
As a fine artist, Nat has exhibited extensively and his work is held in private and corporate collections around the world.
He specialises in providing fine art and creative services for boutique hotels and luxury travel companies and serves as Publications and Communications Chair on the Board of Directors of NEWH United Kingdom.
Nat is an Adobe Certified Expert in Photoshop and Lightroom and is the author of numerous photography books published by Wiley and in global distribution. He’s an acclaimed teacher and mentor and leads international photography workshops and tours.
- My interview on Take & Talk Pics
- New Abstract Photograph: Gothia II made this abstract photograph in Gothenburg, Sweden. The composition depicts a nebulous red blob, creating a strong focal point interacting with many transparent layers, lines and geometric shapes in textures of warm and cool hued grays. There is something strangely familiar about this image. The graphics recall memories read more
- New Photograph: Apricale StrollA couple is silhouetted against the reflected morning light within the ancient stone alleyways in Apricale, Italy. Fine art prints available, click the image for details and online ordering. read more
- New street photograph: Precious MomentsSurrounded by nature in the midst of one of the world’s largest cities, a mother and her young daughter make time for a nap in a hammock in a Beijing park. In the past I haven’t always been keen to make pictures featuring people; I have the feeling this is read more
- Is it time to start making your own prints?Have you ever considered making your own fine art prints but thought it might be too expensive or complicated to get into? Read my latest article on the Breathing Color web site to discover how straightforward and rewarding it can be to print for yourself. http://www.breathingcolor.com/blog/make-your-own-prints/ The post Is it read more
- Hotel Commission: St James Hotel Dining RoomFollowing our successful joint exhibition late last year, the owners of the St James Hotel in Nottingham commissioned me to produce four prints to decorate their dining hall. The brief stated their desire to ‘bring the outdoors in’. My solution: four small, square, black-and-white photographs using a nature theme. Each features a closeup read more
- Workshop: Photography as Fine Art, July 2015
- Important website updatesOver the past few months I’ve separated my fine art, travel photography and training for photographers into three different web sites. These changes are designed to make it easier for you to find exactly the information, services and products that interest you. NatCoalson.comThis is my Signature web site, where you read more
- Photos look different on various devicesDave asks: I have a question regarding viewing images on different devices, I used a calibrated 24in Asus monitor and LR5.7 to process my images, I would consider myself fairly conservative with the colour sliders in general, but I’m finding that my images never look correct in terms of colour read more
- Struggling to get correct exposureTerri asks: “I just purchased the D750; you know the one with great capabilities, but has a flare issue. Nikon repaired the flare and so now all is good as new. Question I have is this: The images taken with D750 (with or without the repair) seems to be on read more